These resources are concise summaries for clinicians on genomic disorders, technologies or topics. They all feature a bottom line with key takeaway messages and relevant resources.
A GECKO on the run is about 2-3 pages in length and is meant to highlight practical clinical information for non-genomics clinicians, such as:
- What is the condition/topic/technology?
- What are the Red Flags to consider a genetic assessment?
- What does the genetic test result mean?
- How will genetic testing help you and your patient?
- Are there benefits, harms or limitations to genetic testing?
- What are the recommended surveillance and management guidelines?
- Factor V Leiden
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Long QT syndrome
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis
- Alzheimer disease
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Huntington disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Codeine and breast-feeding
Prenatal and preconception genomics