Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is one of several inherited heart disorders than can lead to sudden cardiac death (SCD). The downloadable point of care tool contains a brief overview of LQTS and the red flags for how to identify LQTS and the individuals who would most likely to benefit from referral to genetics and a cardiac arrhythmia specialist. Updated Oct 2016.
· GECKO is an independent not-for-profit program that does not accept support from commercial or non-academic entities.
· GECKO aims to aid the practicing non-genetics clinician by providing informed resources regarding genetic/genomic conditions, services and technologies that have been developed in a rigorous and evidence-based manner with periodic updating. The content on the GECKO site is for educational purposes only. No resource should be used as a substitute for clinical judgement. GECKO assumes no responsibility or liability resulting from the use of information contained herein.
· All clinicians using this site are encouraged to consult local genetics clinics, medical geneticists, or specialists for clarification of questions that arise relating to specific patient problems.
· All patients should seek the advice of their own physician or other qualified clinician regarding any medical questions or conditions.
· External links are selected and reviewed at the time a page is published. However, GECKO is not responsible for the content of external websites. The inclusion of a link to an external website from GECKO should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).
· We strive to provide accurate, timely, unbiased, and up-to-date information on this site, and make every attempt to ensure the integrity of the site. However, it is possible that the information contained here may contain inaccuracies or errors for which neither GECKO nor its funding agencies assume responsibility.